Sunday, February 8, 2009

'To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I respond, 'There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.'


I was playing around with some images for an "HDR" effect; this is one of the results. I posted them on flickr and I got some good feedback, so I figured I would share it with you all. It was taken about a week after 9/11, the first time I'd been down there since the attacks. You'd think this photograph would evoke a more emotional or cathartic response in me, but I just see it as another photograph, I guess until now when I am putting into the context in which it was taken. I guess that is another example about the "dilemma" in photography, and art in general, the relationship between the creator and its viewer or "experiencer." I may be getting a bit Jamesian, so I shall stop.

1 comment:

  1. The photo's are amazing! I love your plan for your house, could just see it from your writing. Great ideas and creativity drips from this blog. I added you to my blog so I can refresh my eyes with the visual buffet here. Hope you'll come by my place one day :)

    ReplyDelete

View blog authority