Saturday, February 7, 2009

A room without books is like a body without a soul


One of my assignments was to create some sort of logo that represents what we are trying to create in our apartment design. This is what I came up with. It is some sort of representation of Walden Pond, which I'd like to be reflected in my color scheme. The brown will be expressed in Thoreau's apartment by the use of wood (hopefully recycled & reclaimed). My color scheme is comprised of a mossy green and different blues. I'm still not sure how it will be incorporated, but this is a work in progress. I also had the idea of exposed red brick on the walls. At some point I'll post the actual plan. Of course there are lots of bookshelves. I imagine this big bed surrounded by bookshelves, and the headboard is under a set of shelves. In the middle is the entertaining area with banquet seating along to-the-ceiling windows, and a sofa which is all under a big skylight. The kitchen area is on one side and on the other is his desk and an armchair with ottoman near more bookshelves. The master bathroom will have a deep claw-foot tub. I really love my plan, I wish I could really build it for myself. And it is also getting me excited to take on my own real projects. For now, I'll bide my time as Thoreau's architect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View blog authority